Over the course of 9 weeks, Coderisers learn the principles of computer programming and software development with a heavy emphasis on creating web applications. They also have weekly opportunities to engage with tech entrepreneurs and engineers from Colombia and from the U.S.
During the first half of the program, students focus on learning the basic tools needed build their very own web application. The second half of the program provides students an opportunity to develop a web application of their own, simulating real world context. At the end of the program, Coderisers participate in a Demo Day presentation, where they pitch their web application to the local tech community, family and friends.
At the end of the program, Coderisers are able to:
- Explain and teach other students what they have learned
- Know how to learn
- Understand that failure is part of the learning process
- Understand the benefits of Open Source software and how to contribute to it
- Identify problems in their communities and propose software-aided solutions
CODERISE ACTIVITIES AND EVENTS
- Team building activities
- Meetups with the tech startup and software programming community in Medellín
- Demo Day Presentations – Coderise student web applications
MENTORS OF CODERISE
CODERISE PROGRAM CALENDAR DATES
The Coderise program spans 9 weeks, and usually takes place Tuesdays and Thusdays afterschool from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m., and Sunday mornings from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.